Friday 3 February 2017

96. Growing relationship with City, University of London

As many of you will be aware from earlier blogs, one of the objectives I set myself during my year as Master was to establish a link with City University, now rebranded as City, University of London.

I attended the University from1969 -73 as a student on a five year Civil Engineering sandwich degree course. I have stayed in touch with the University over the years and have felt for some time that as a City based Livery Company this is an obvious University to link with.

I was therefore delighted yesterday when the Trustees of our charity, The Water Conservation Trust, agreed a three year sponsorship of a post graduate student in a subject related to water and the environment at City.

I know the University is keen to develop further links with us and I look forward to helping achieve this. Interestingly, the Lord Mayor has historically been the Chancellor of the University during his term of office – this year that role has been rebranded to Rector and Andrew Parmley (a Member of our own Company) is the first Rector of the University.

No comments:

Post a Comment